Of late, talking heads on the tube (and even on the interwebs) have been tussling over a conundrum.
Some say the USA in decline, but others say no - because the rest of the world would gladly trade places with the USA. This is the same USA that is referred to by those "others" as oppressive, evil, and greedy. Oh - I forgot to mention - racist.
What is in decline is the average American's IQ.
Here are a few Conundrums none of which all can be expounded upon with clarity by the vast unwashed majority of Americans:
1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is
2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the
4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting
5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in
other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about -
yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
Now, let's consider the following three items. What do they tell you about the USA - is it in decline or ascent?
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a fewFunny how that works.
lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions
of a few lunatics.
2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to runWhat's interesting is the first group worked for their money, but the second didn't.
out of money. How come we never hear about welfare or food stamps
running out of money?
And last but not least;
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our
military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but
we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.
Am I the only one missing something? Or perhaps it is as simple as not understanding what the proper definition of "is", is.
I think I'm gonna puke.