Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Speaking of Ratchet . . .


 
Carl commented about one of the latest bits of ebonic vernacular.  Actually, if Carl heard about it, there is small likelihood it can still be described in terms of "latest" .

Anyhow, it seems that "Ratchet" is indeed on the lips of many purportedly to be in the know of things cool.

In reality, it is anything but cool, and demonstrative of endemic oblivious ignorance - very akin to axed - as in: "I axed that dood for a pull off his forty"

My first guess was that is is a perversion of wretched, which has this definition according to Webster:  " very poor in quality or ability :  inferior wretched workmanship"

Of course, it could also be a similarly limp-lipped pronunciation of "Rat Shit".

The original definition of ratchet (as in wrench) is just as apropos:  "to cause to move by steps or degrees, usually used with up or down"
As in:  "That ratchet ho was going up and down on that dood like a ratchet."

2 comments:

  1. This was the best definition I found....
    Imagine a woman that wears skinny clothes, bad looking heels & fishnet stalking's, blasts Drake or Waka off her phone, would go out of her way as to cop CD's from these artists, has a bad hairdo, looks immensely disgusting as a human being, and would rather spend her time maintaining her looks, communicating among her folk, and being a jobless, gold-digging bum for the rest of her days, not even bothering to get herself a good shower, a paying career, and a damned effort to earn a diploma.

    That, my comrades, is a prime notoriety of a ratchet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - that be the correct definition.

      Now, here is another lesson for those wishing to improve their vocabulary.

      1. Foreclose - If I pay alimony today, I got no money foreclose.

      2. Rectum - I had two Cadillac's, but my bitch rectum both.

      3. Hotel - I gave my girlfriend crabs, and the hotel everybody.

      4. Disappointment - My parole officer tol' me if I miss disappointment they gonna send me back to the joint.

      5. Penis - I went to the doctors and he handed me a cup and said penis.

      6. Israel - Tito try to sell me a Rolex. I say, "Man, it look fake." He say, "Bullshit, that watch israel".

      7. Catacomb - I saw Don King at da fight the other night. Man, somebody get that catacomb.

      8. Undermine - There's a fine lookin' ho living in the apartment undermine.

      9. Acoustic - When I was little, my uncle bought me acoustic and took me to the poolhall.

      10. Iraq - When we got to the poolhall, I tol' my uncle, "Iraq, you break."

      11. Stain - My mother-in-law stopped by and I axed her, "Do you plan on stain for dinner?"

      12. Seldom - My cousin gave me tickets to the nicks game, so I seldom.

      13. Honor - At the rape trial, the judge axed my buddy, "Who was honor first?

      14. Dictate - My girlfriend say my dictate good.

      15. Odyssey - I tol' my brother, "You odyssey the tits on that ho!"

      16. Axe - After school today, the police want to axe me some questions.

      17. Fortify - I axed this ho on da street, "how much?" she say "fortify."

      18. Income - I just got in bed wif da ho and income my wife.

      Delete