Saturday, April 18, 2015

There is no me and you - not no more

Vengeance is mine; I will repay

It is mine to avenge.  In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

And I will punish the unjust for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

And I will lay my vengeance upon the wicked by the hand of the righteous: and they shall do to them according to my anger and according to my fury; and they shall know my vengeance.

And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine.

All they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey.

I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I take vengeance upon them.

Vengeance is mine; I will repay, sayeth the Lord.


6 comments:

  1. That was cook, but I kinda like Ezekiel 25:17 myself.

    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

    Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2WK_eWihdU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, that was supposed to say that was COOL... not Cook...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules Winfield's renditions of Ezekiel are fluid and chillingly dramatic. Although not verbatim from any translation extant, they certainly are faithful to the sentiments of several prophets as recorded in the Gospels, the Pentateuch, and the Apocrypha.

      Crack open some of the old books - they are filled with hellfire and brimstone that have scant rivals.

      Delete
  3. really good video, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing video, man with gun looks dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome video, the giant man has a great gun.

    ReplyDelete