TV and the Interwebs are constantly telling me that Republicans and the NRA are responsible for “gun violence” and are the reason why “common sense gun reform” laws need to be enacted. From what follows below, that is a completely bogus fabrication.
According to the Center for Disease Control WISHERS website, there were 10,945 murders involving firearms in 2014.
According to the US Department of Justice’s homicide report published in 2011, the murder rates by race are:
- 52.5% were black perpetrators
- 45.3% were white perpetrators
- 2.2% were perpetrators of other races
- 5,746.12 firearms murders by blacks (10,945 x .525)
- 4,958.09 firearm murders by whites (10,945 x .453)
- 240.79 firearm murders by others (10,945 x .022)
According to Cornell University, the voting rates for the Democrats broken down by race are:
- 93% of blacks voted Democrat
- 39% of whites voted Democrat
- 67% of everyone else (average of all races other than black/white) voted Democrat. Therefore:
Here are the calculations for 2014 firearm murders by race and Democrat affiliation:
- 5,343.89 firearm murders by black Democrats (5,746.12 x .93)
- 1,933.66 firearm murders by white Democrats (4,958.09 x .39)
- 161.33 firearm murders by other Democrats (240.79 x .67)
- 7,438.88 total firearm murders by Democrats (5,343.89 + 1,933.66 + 161.33)
67.97% of firearm murders were perpetrated by Democrats in 2014 (7,438.88/10,945)
About 68% of all firearm murders in 2014 were committed by Democrats. This means that Democrats committed more twice the number of firearm related murders than everyone else. This leads to three very important conclusions:
- Republicans aren’t to blame for the number of firearm murders, as the Democrats try to claim
- If Democrats stopped shooting people, we could reduce our firearm related murders by almost 70%
- Guns aren’t the problem, Democrats are.