Monday, June 19, 2017

Looking for a Girl with a Gun and a Job



My better half and I, along with a few thousand of our closest fiends friends, spent last evening with Alice Cooper. It was quite a spectacle to say the least, and a great time was had by all.  One of his "newer" ditties (written over 20 years ago) seemed to actually be the Millennial Snowflake theme song.

Here are the  lyrics

"Lost In America"

I can't get a girl
'Cause I ain't got a car.
I can't get a car
'Cause I ain't got a job.
I can't get a job
'Cause I ain't got a car.
So I'm looking for a girl
with a job and a car.

Don't you know where you are?
Lost in America

I got a mom but I ain't got a dad.
My dad's got a wife but she ain't my mom.
Mom's looking for a man to be my dad.
But I want my mom and dad
to be my real
mom and dad.
 Is that so bad?

Oh, I think I've been had.
Lost in America

Well, I live at the 7-11.
Well, I'm tryin' to play this guitar.
Well, I'm learning "Stairway to Heaven"
'cause Heaven's where you are.

I can't go to school
'Cause I ain't got a gun.
I ain't got a gun
'Cause I ain't got a job.
I ain't got a job
'Cause I can't go to school.
So I'm looking for a girl
with a gun and a job.
(And a house, with cable)

Don't you know where you are?
Hey man, you're...
Lost in America
Lost lost lost
I'm lost 

No comments:

Post a Comment